SDP is a stable and lucrative savings option for those who do not want to invest a lumpsum amount in FD in one go. Instead, they can deposit a fixed amount every month in an SDP and each of these deposits will be considered as an independent FD. SDP is a new add-on feature of Bajaj Finance FD.
The monthly deposit amount can range anywhere between Rs. 5000 to Rs. 20, 00,000. You need to choose the number of deposits and tenor beforehand. The number of deposits can range from 6 to 48 whereas the tenor can range from 12-60 months.
Each deposit will earn interest as per the interest rate applicable on the date of the deposit. The deposits can be made on 3rd, 7th, or 12th of every month as per your discretion. However, the selected date will remain constant for the entire tenor.
What makes SDP a good option for the investors?
Here are six reasons why SDP is an ideal investment option for investors across all categories-
High returns with zero risk
- Bajaj Finance SDP offers a high interest rate up to 8.35%. Each deposit attracts interest as per the interest rate applicable during that period. Therefore, you can easily benefit from the prevailing interest rate.
- Bajaj Finance SDP is stable and safe as the FD instrument has been accredited for safety and stability by third-party credit rating organizations like ICRA and CRISIL. As a result, your savings are not exposed to market risks when you choose to deposit in an SDP.
- Estimating returns is easy with the Systematic Deposit Calculator. This is an easy-to-use tool that calculates the returns and interest for each of the deposits and also for the entire SDP investment. For that, you just need to set the tenor, the number of deposits, and the deposit amount.
- Predicting returns in advance helps you to plan your finances. If you have a clear idea about the returns from your online SDP investment, you can accordingly ladder your investments such that you can align that maturity timing of each deposit with a future financial goal.
Anyone can open an SDP account with minimal documentation. The mandatory list of documents includes- KYC documents, latest photograph, bank payee cheque for your first deposit, and NACH mandate for the next deposits along with the SDP application form. Joint SDP accounts can also be opened with the same guidelines as applicable to an FD account.
Ease of investment
- You can fill the online SDP investment form on Bajaj Finserv website. The customer care executive will contact you within 24 working hours and provide you doorstep document pickup facility. Therefore, you can easily open an SDP account from the comfort of your home without having to visit the branch.
- Only the first deposit needs to be made via an account payee cheque. The subsequent deposits will be automatically deducted from your bank account as per the NACH mandate.
- A separate FD receipt will be issued for each of the deposits. If you want to stop depositing due to any reason, you only need to nullify the NACH mandate.
No penalty or fine
No penalty or fine is charged in case one of the deposits fails due to shortage of funds or any other reason. This makes SDP suitable for individuals who have just started earning.
With SDPs, you can withdraw your deposits before the completion of tenor provided that the deposits are locked for at least 3 months in your SDP account. You can also avail a loan against these deposits if you do not wish to liquidate your savings.
As each deposit matures separately, there is some cash flow in your account each month once the tenor completes. You can use this amount to clear your monthly bills and expenses while ensuring constant liquidity.
Open an SDP account today to secure your savings and to grow a substantial corpus in a disciplined way.