The Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC exam dates for the Civil Services. The release date of UPSC Admit Card for the IAS Exam will soon be updated on the official UPSC website. To meet the IAS eligibility criteria, the candidates need to carry their UPSC admit card on the day of the examination. The candidates failing to bring their admit cards will be strictly prohibited to enter into the examination hall.
Candidates appearing for the IAS Exam this year should keep a track on the UPSC notifications, for any changes in the exam date.
UPSC admit card is a mandatory document and contains all the basic information related to the UPSC exams like:
- Exam venue
- Date of examination
- Application / Registration number
- Exam date
- Post applied for
- General Instructions
UPSC Admit Card- Release Date
The Union Public Service Commission conducts exams annually for various fields such as Civil Services, Indian Forest Services, Indian Administrative Services, National Defence Academy, etc.
Candidates must visit the official website of the UPSC to get the latest information about the upcoming exam dates, admit card release date and exam pattern.
However, the exam date and admit card details for the Civil Service Examination 2020 are discussed below:
|Civil Service Examination (Prelims)||Exam Date||Release of Admit Card|
|31.05.2020||10 days before the exam|
|Civil Service Examination (Mains)||18.09.2020|
Eligibility Criteria for IAS Exam
Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned in the table below before applying for the IAS Examination 2020:
|Category||UPSC Age Limit (Upper Age Relaxation)||Number of Attempts|
|Scheduled Caste/ Tribe||37||Unlimited till the upper age limit|
|General Physically Disabled||35||9|
|OBC Physically Disabled||38||9|
|SC/ST Physically Disabled||40||Unlimited till the upper age limit|
For the latest details on the IAS age limit, aspirants should refer to the latest UPSC Notification.
Also Read: Bone Broth Keto
Steps to download the UPSC Admit Card
The admit cards for various UPSC exams are usually issued 2-3 weeks before the commencement of the exams. Candidates must follow the following steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
- After reaching the Home Page, select the E-Admit Card link.
- Select the respective UPSC exam you have applied for.
- A new window will open up. Fill in the registration number and password received while filling the application and click on ‘Submit’.
- The UPSC Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. Download the admit card and ensure that you take a printout for the same.
General Instructions on UPSC Admit Card
Before sitting for the IAS exam, candidates must follow the below-mentioned instructions to meet the general IAS eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must carry their respective UPSC admit card on the day of the examination, failing which, they will not be allowed to enter the exam centre.
- The Admit Card must be downloaded at least ten days prior to the exam.
- The name of the candidate and date of birth should match with the name and DOB as mentioned in the candidate’s ID card.