How to Configure Bellsouth Email on Outlook & MAC
- Open Outlook on your system and click on the ‘File’
- Select ‘Account Settings’ and choose the option of ‘Update Email Account’
- Drop down the section of ‘Internet Email Setting’ and select ‘POP3’ or ‘IMAP’
- Enter your Bellsouth login credentials such as Username, Email address, and password.
- Input the following details as per your chosen option:
- For POP3 Server
- Incoming mails server: att.net
- Incoming port no.: 995
- Incoming encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing mails server: att.net
- Outgoing port no.: 465
- Outgoing encrypted connection: SSL
- For IMAP Server
- IMAP server: att.net
- IMAP port no.: 993
- IMAP encrypted connection: SSL
- SMTP server: att.net
- SMTP port no.: 587 or 465
- SMTP encrypted connection: SSL
At last, ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ respectively. So, you have successfully configured the Bellsouth email settings for Outlook account.
Bellsouth Email Settings & Configuration Important Steps for MAC Follow These :
First of all the user need to open any email reader on which they want to configure their Bellsouth email account.
Then, the user is required to select on the option to create an account. This option will be on the top of the toolbar of the email reader. If the user is utilizing Outlook then the option will be in the tools menu and if the user is utilizing MAC for the same purpose, then the option will be in the file menu.
The user needs to select on the option according to the email reader on which they are working.
Now the user is needed to enter the details as given below:
– in the display name, the user should enter the name they wish to show in the account.
– in the Incoming mail (POP) server it should be pop.att.yahoo.com.
– in the outgoing mail (IMAP) server it should be smtp.att.yahoo.com.
– in the incoming mail server type, it should be POP3.
– in the incoming mail as well as outgoing mail user name it should be the Bellsouth email address of the users.
– in the incoming mail port, the number should be 995 and the secure connection should be SSL.
– in the outgoing mail port, the number should be 465 and the secure connection should be SSL.
In the end, select on save and apply the changes for the configuration.
Therefore, by following these steps the user will be easily able to configure their Bellsouth email account on any email reader that the user wishes to. These steps are quite easy but require the correct credential so as to finish the configuration method for Bellsouth Email Settings.