Do you agree if we say “Money can change your behaviour”?
If not, then read the full blog to know how “bragging towards money” affect your personal financial life.
Suppose you earn £10,000 every month. And you have made a budget according to your income. But what will happen when you get a raise from £10,000 to £20,000? Do you think that you are going to follow the same financial plan?
Absolutely NOT! You will introduce additional expenses so that you can improve your living experience. Something kind of a luxurious one! It means money brings big changes to your behaviour. But! It is not always going to be positive. You may face some negative circumstances too.
We have covered all the negative and positive points of being BOASTFUL TOWARD MONEY. And in the end, we shared some ways that can help you to get rid of your problem.
Let’s get started…
What is Boastful with Money?
In simple words, it represents “show-off”. You must have experienced that when your neighbour buys something, just assuming it may be a car. You too want that stuff, Right?
And to show them that you too have an ability to buy that car, you purchase the costly one despite having the old one. It represents nothing but you slowly affecting your financial life. It would be great if you have a strong money background. But with poor financial stability, you are doing the big mistake.
It not only affects your financial life but it can bring catastrophe in other places too.
- It can break you for the long term: You may spend money within a second but earning took years and a lot of effort. You may have used your lifetime savings OR you have borrowed money. And you know it well that exhausting money unnecessary can affect your life for a long period.
- Do not able to create an urgent situation fund: You do not have any idea about what is going to happen in the next seconds. Imagine what you will do when you met with a medical or any other type of emergencies? Though, you have options such as borrowing money from friends. OR you can take assistance with a loan if you fail to get help from your relatives or friends. You can rely on guaranteed payday loans from direct lenders in the UK. And use those funds to get instant relief.
Depending on these options all the time, may not be a good decision. You have to create an emergency or savings fund that can help you stay away from this type of situation.
- Your children may face more: Every parent has a dream, and i.e. make their children’s life stable. It includes both mentally and physically. You have to provide them good education and food. But the mistake you did can affect them mentally.
So, it is very important to consider your children while making a big decision. It should not happen that your decision can affect their life for a long time.
Now, let’s have a look at the ways that can help you to get rid of the boastful habit.
- Think twice: Before purchasing anything, you should take time. I think that buying this stuff can really helpful for you. And if you receive negative instincts, then dropping the idea is the best choice. It would be better to take one day’s time when you are going to purchase large things such as a car or any other vehicle.
- Look at your income: You already planned to buy your dream car for years. And to support your finance you have saved a lot of money. It is good that you buy a car but you should consider a few things before making any purchase.
- Source of income: It may happen that the work you are doing is not providing you constant income. This may create a problem in the future because you have to bear a lot of expenses such as maintenance and servicing.
- Can you able to save money: Saving money is always important. And this is the reason you have to check that you can save money after purchasing the car (or any other stuff).
- Involve your spouse: Your husband/wife have equal rights to make a decision. First, discuss with your family members. If they allow you to purchase, then you can go ahead. Otherwise, you can drop the idea.
These are the crucial ways that can help you to get rid of your showing off habits. But remember one thing that living within your means is always a good thing. It not only saves you from various financial problems but you can easily manage the expenses. Living a lavishing life is less important than living a comfortable life.