Opting for van insurance in Ireland? Confused about how to get the best van insurance quote online?
You’ve come to your one-stop for all things van insurance. Here’s what you need to know.
What exactly is van insurance, and why do I need it?
Van insurance is a type of insurance that covers you against various risks related to your van. Especially since car insurance policies don’t include your van insurance needs, it is particularly lucrative if you use your van for commercial or business needs. Van insurance will cover third-party costs if you are responsible for any accidents, and you help to pay for the repairing cost of your van. Depending on your insurance policies, it might also payout if you fill up with the wrong fuel or if you lose your van keys.
Choose the type of van insurance.
There are a lot of factors that determine the kind of policy that works for you. It usually depends on the type of van, the purpose of the vehicle, and what you need from the plans.
- Comprehensive: Covers your van for any accidental damage, even third parties, and their vehicle or property in case they are damaged in the accident. It also covers your van for any fire damage, as well as some of the cost or the full cost if your van is stolen (depending on policies).
- Third-Party Only: Only covers the cost of damages caused to another person, their property or vehicle if you van caused the damages. However, it won’t be covering the cost of damage to your vehicle.
- TPFT (Third Party, Fire, and Theft): TPFT covers the same amount as the third party only, but it also includes the coverage of loss or damage to your van caused by fire, lightning, self-ignition, explosion, attempted theft, theft. However, it won’t cover any accidental damage done to the van that’s not caused by forces out of your control like fire or theft.
What details are required to get a quote?
You should have your personal and van details ready to go for your van insurance Ireland. It would help if you also referred to your most recent van insurance documents where you can find the following details:
- Your occupation
- Previous accidents
- Previous claims
- Points on your license
- Any alteration done to your van.
- Registration number
- Approximate annual mileage
How to score a cheap van insurance quote?
Once you are clear on the information on your van like the purpose of the vehicle, the type of cover you need, you will be given a choice of quotes modified for your needs. You can compare deals online until you find the one which offers the best value.
Nevertheless, it would be best if you did not opt for the cheapest quote as it might not be right for you. You would want to find the quote that finds an equilibrium between the price you can pay and the ideal level of coverage you want for your van.