A clutch plate is a vital component of every vehicle which operates on manual transmission systems. A clutch system is an exquisite method of getting the power back to a vehicle. It consists of pressure plates, a clutch disc, flywheel and clutch bearings. It assists in engaging the engine to the gearbox and pressure plate inside it exerts pressure on the clutch disc. It allows the power of the engine to move to the other parts of the machine.
A good clutch plate company is responsible for ensuring the following things:
- No slipping of pressure and clutch plates
- Clutch system can transfer torque
- No heat should be developed to refrain interlocking
- Excellent performance and great results
- Use of right quality friction equipment
- Movement of flywheel drivers occurs in a smooth way
- Components should be able to bear high heat and friction
- Elements should be able to withstand the force exerted by pressure plates
A clutch plate formulated with better quality components leads to rapid acceleration consistency in performance. Mostly clutch plate manufacturing companies use the desired quality of friction material for ensuring a smooth ride and secure shifting of gear.
Further, increasing and lowering of the speed of a vehicle may cause the clutch plate to wear out, and it may require replacement. Before purchasing a clutch plate, the buyer must be aware of the type of clutch plate. Finding the right clutch plate supplier is a difficult task.
There are various types of clutch plates which are as follows:
- Organic clutch plates: These are manufactured with the collaboration of frictional elements. Some of the ingredients are compound rubber and metallic powders. Woven and molded are the forms of materials prepared. In this, fibreglass is useful to enhance durability. There are affordable and have superior quality.
- Ceramic clutch plates: These are fabricated from a large number of metals like bronze, iron, copper, graphite and silicon. Due to this metallic content, the clutch plate can bear immense friction and high temperature. One main demerit of this plate is that the movement of flywheel drivers may not always be very smooth.
- Heavy-duty organic clutch plates: These have heat resistance properties because of the high percentile of metallic content. These can bear a high temperature of 700 degrees Fahrenheit. These ensure smooth engagement and show similar properties of organic clutch discs.
- Kevlar clutch plates: These are highly durable, long-lasting and known for smooth functioning. These are made of organic components and ensure precise and smooth movement. One main drawback of these plates is that they have considerable break-in time.
- Feramic clutch plates: These are a heavy-duty form of ceramic clutch plates. These are manufactured with metals like silicon, steel and graphite. These properties make it capable of bearing high friction. It is useful in machines which need rapid lock-up. Feramic and carbotic clutch plates are widely valuable for trucking because of smooth engagement and high resistance properties.
The buyer considers the financial situation and the kind of machinery he is using before purchasing the clutch plates