All citizens whose countries are participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) who wish to enter the United States need an ESTA electronic travel authorization before travel by plane or ship. Children with and without escorts must have their own ESTA approval regardless of their age.

For all other nationalities, we recommend contacting the relevant authorities. More information can be found at You can get apply this website and get more information with application Esta online. Please visit the store and get your own Esta visa online.

ESTA is an automated system for verifying a visitor’s eligibility to enter the United States under the VWP. At the same time, it checks whether this trip constitutes a prosecution or security-relevant danger. The application for an ESTA permit is subject to a charge and must be obtained electronically via the ESTA website. It is necessary to provide personal details such as name, date of birth, and passport information, as well as travel information such as the flight number and destination in the United States. Besides, information about eligibility must be made at the VWP. This includes information on infectious diseases, arrests, and convictions for certain offenses, withdrawal of a visa, or deportation.

To facilitate the approval process, the US Department of Homeland Security recommends submitting ESTA applications no later than 72 hours before departure. However, applications may be submitted at any time before travel to the United States. Each electronic travel authorization issued will be valid for two years or until the expiry date of the applicant’s passport, whichever comes first. If an applicant’s destination address or travel dates change after approval, the information can be easily updated on the ESTA website. In most cases, the ESTA system determines almost immediately whether an entry is possible. There are three possible answers to an ESTA application: “Authorization granted,” “Authorization being processed,”

Even if the ESTA approval has been obtained, it may be the case that, in some cases, the I-94W form must be completed on the aircraft, as not all airlines can yet confirm the ESTA approval on the spot.

*  We recommend a printout of the ESTA permit throughout the trip.


Since 26 June 2005, all persons (including babies and toddlers) who wish to enter the US as part of the VWP need a burgundy-colored machine-readable passport (Europa pass). Holders of temporary passports or non-machine-readable passports need a US visa to enter the United States.

Children’s passports issued before 26 October 2006 can be used for visa-free entry. Children’s passports issued or renewed after 25 October 2006 cannot be used, as are the old visa-free visa ID cards. These are not published in Germany as standard electronic passports (e-passports) with an integrated computer chip, so in this case, a visa is required. However, children can apply for a regular electronic passport.