After having diabetes, the level of blood sugar reflects your choice as eating options. There are several foods such as sweets and chips which can increase the level of blood sugar.
On the other hand, if you include lean meats, vegetables and fruits as the substitute to those fried options, then you can stay healthy and fit. You may perform the blood test in London to check it from time-to-time.
Let’s have a look which food can control the level of glucose in the blood from below.
The foods get ranked by the glycemic index on the basis of:
- Its calorie count
- How much they contribute in raising the blood sugar
- How much they assist you to gain weight
- Quantity of sugar they have
Which of the following breads possess lowest glycemic index?
- 100% whole grain
- Whole wheat
Which of the following vegetables will be your choice after having diabetes?
- Sweet potato
- Corn on the cob
- Baked potato
Which among the following nuts helps in controlling the blood sugar level?
- All of the above
- b) Basically, carbohydrate-based foods get the rank by the glycemic index depending on how they influence the level of blood sugar. Foods with higher index spike the glucose level to such extent that it becomes difficult to control the level.
- a) Breads which are derived from 100% whole grain- refined grains possess the ability to remove the nutrient-dense layers of some kinds. As they are rich in nutrients and slow-consumption, it can keep the level of blood sugar balanced and perfect.
- c) Although carrot tastes sweet, yet it possesses the lowest glycemic index in contrary to other vegetables on the list. Apart from it, leafy, green vegetables are also best choice to add to your diet chart. You are recommended to buy the fresh vegetables; otherwise you may also choose canned or frozen options with no added salt or sauces.
- d) After performing 12 extensive studies, it has been found that every tree nut types are rich in A1c and influence the levels of blood sugar. Still, it is recommended that you may include nuts to your daily diet chart but only for limited amount. As these are loaded with calories and fat, higher amount of it can make you gain some extra pounds. 2 ounces of nut is perfect to consume on a daily basis to stay fit but never add peanuts in it as these are legumes.
Perform the diabetes test
It is another way to check the level of glucose in your blood from time-to-time. Talk to your private healthcare provider and perform the necessary private blood test to keep regular update of your level of blood sugar.
Questions you must ask to your doctor
Besides the above-mentioned questions, there are a few questions which you may ask your doctor. They are mentioned below for your reference:
- What can I do if the blood sugar level still stays high?
- Is it possible to have snacks between meals? Which snacks will be the best option for me?
- Which are the most recommended size portions I can eat?
- What are the food options that help in stabilising the blood sugar level?
These are the most effective solutions you can follow to keep the level of the blood sugar in control. If it exceeds much, then it is very important to book an appointment with your doctor to get the right medication on time. You may also get in touch with the customer support team of Blood London to perform the diabetes blood test reliably and at a feasible price.