Phishing attacks cause a loss of billions of dollars every year in the industry. The top brands, the new startups, the expanding companies, all of them are equally at risk of facing phishing attacks on a regular basis. When most of the companies use email to communicate and for business transactions with the suppliers, dealers, vendors, customers, etc. it becomes easy for the criminals to impersonate any of them and send fraud emails.
The results of a phishing attack could ruin a company financially. Moreover, it takes a lot of time to trace the source through which the attacker has entered the company’s internal system. For preventing phishing, companies need additional email security solutions apart from the ones they already have in place.
The leading company that provides email cyber security solutions has listed out the types of phishing attacks and ways to prevent them effectively along with detailing why it is important to have comprehensive, advanced, and additional email security. Be it Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, or G Suite, their email security system solutions can be integrated into the company’s system easily.
When a phishing attack happens, the criminal or impersonator masquerades as a known entity and gains the confidence of an employee and dupes them into opening an email with a malicious link. Once the link is opened, it could result in viruses, malware, or ransomware entering the systems.
The sensitive information is revealed to the impersonator, allowing them to freeze out the employees or withdrawing a huge amount of money from the company’s accounts. It has been found that 30% of the phishing emails get opened by the employees. One can imagine the level of risk it presents to the companies.
By preventing phishing attacks companies can be saved from,
- Loss of productivity
- Being locked out of an account would mean the employee cannot do his job, thereby resulting in loss of productivity.
- Financial loss
- A phishing attack could result in millions of dollars being robbed from the company.
- Data compromise
- Data of a company is crucial and has to be kept safe as it includes information of thousands of people involved with the company in one way or the other.
- The risk of a destroyed reputation
- For a company to be duped by a phishing attack would show how fragile their security system is and it will affect the reputation of the company or the brand. Customers and investors will not want to be associated with such a company.
Only the leading companies that provide email security system solutions have a mechanism that prevents the latest types of phishing attacks. They use cloud platform to operate and have an advanced Computer Vision algorithm which makes it easier for the email security system to detect the suspicious emails and send a warning to the user in the form of a banner along with the email.
The following are the types of phishing attacks any company might face some of which are relatively new in the market.
- Whaling Attacks
- Spear Phishing
- Domain Spoofing
- CEO Fraud
- Brand Forgery
- Business Email Compromise
- Zero Day Attack
- Malware and Ransomware attacks
How does the email security system company handle the phishing attacks?
- Protect and Train the Employees
- The warning banners that pop up with suspicious emails will guide the employees to be aware and report the phishing emails.
- Seamless Integration
- The email security system can be integrated into any of the various email systems the companies use.
- Easy to Administrate
- The dashboard is easy to use and gives complete visibility to track all the reports of phishing attacks from various locations of the company.
- The threats can be blocked and prevented from attacking again from the same source.
- User-friendly Warnings
- The keywords that appear on the banner are easy to understand by the employees.
- Words such as safe, unusual, malicious, fraud, etc. are displayed.
The employees can report the phishing attacks from any device and any location with a single click. The attack will be taken care of by the email security system.