Garmin products are loved by customers throughout the world. They have gained a lot of popularity. This is so because their products have such unique and extra features.
They are also offering a wide variety of products to choose from which is also another plus. Although if you face any issue with the device, you can reset Garmin GPS.
It is true that Garmin GPS is a fine product and it boasts the quality like no other GPS products out there but there are some issues it can face after getting latest Garmin GPS Updates. Because let us face it, this is a technology and it tends to go faulty at times. In order to recover the product from that fault, one needs to reset the device in order to make it work.
Now, there is going to be a flock of users who might not know how to reset Garmin GPS. What are the steps that need to be taken to reset the device?
Well, you do not have to worry as we have got you covered. There will be some users though who might not be tech-savvy and may need help in the process. They can get in touch with the professionals out there, who might be able to hell them out.
The users who want to resolve the issue must follow the steps. Now in order for you to resolve the issue, you need to first understand that why are you facing the issue in the first scenario.
What did you have done so wrong that you have to face this issue?
Reset Garmin GPS:
You must know that when you are facing any kind of situation with your Garmin GPS, you need to reset Garmin GPS. There could be various issues such as software failure or hardware failure that may result in the device’s failure.
If you are not able to take advantage of the device, then you do not have to worry as we have got you covered. So, here are the tricks and the tips that you should follow if you want to reset the device.
Here is how to reset Garmin GPS:
You must know that there are various kinds of products which are offered by the Garmin GPS. What you must know is that the ways to reset the device are the same in every device and you have to follow the same steps in order to reset your device successfully.
There are two processes that you need to follow in order to reset the Garmin device.
- Hard Reset
- Soft reset
Let us now see the steps that need to be followed in order to make sure that you reset your device.
Soft reset of Garmin Device:
There are some steps that you need to follow in order to soft reset the device.
- The first thing that you need to do is to make sure that you press the power button of the GPS device and make sure that you turn it on.
- When you see that the device is now started, then you can release the power button.
- After this, you are going to see that there will be a sign which is a Garmin Logo on the display which is going to indicate that the device has now successfully started.
If there are any issues that you might be facing with your device or any glitches which are temporary in nature, these can be resolved if you apply the method of the Soft reset Garmin GPS.
Hard Reset Garmin GPS:
There are some steps that you would have to follow in order to reset the Garmin GPS through the way of hard reset. Here are the steps which are recommended.
- The first thing that you need to do is to detach all the devices that have been connected with the Garmin GPS as well as the power cable too.
- Now, you are going to find a tiny button at the back of the Garmin GPS.
- It is recommended for the users that they need to press the thin button which is somewhat inside the device with the help of the pointed object like a pen or a pin.
- Also, note that you do not need to press the button until you see that your device is getting restarted. Once you see that your device is getting restarted, you need to release the button and then wait for the few seconds.
- This is the time when you will be witnessing the device to initialize and will be making the ground settings to reset the device successfully.
- After you have completed the process of the hard reset, you need to know that all your data saved, local settings, preferences, favorites, and every other setting will be reset and customized.
A Final Thought:
These were the two ways in order to reset Garmin GPS. if you are applying the steps above mentioned carefully, then you will easily be able to reset the device successfully.
If you are facing any kind of situation, where you are not able to follow the reset instruction or are not able to reset the device, get in touch with the Garmin customer professionals as they are only going to help you with the device.