Siddharth Mahajan’s venture Tulip Hotels & Real Estate Ltd. was established in 2011 to offer serviced apartments to travelers looking for long-term accommodation options in the UK. Mahajan first transformed his personal properties into HMOs to understand if his business concept was viable. The response received was overwhelming and convincing enough for Mahajan to dive further into the ocean of opportunities in the real estate sector.
Mahajan was a stellar student and a spirited and pioneering businessman who knew exactly what problems his business was going to solve for consumers. His achievements in the business world are testimony to his colossal success and have rendered his career worthwhile. Siddharth Mahajan lives by the mantra that success comes to those who wait.
Read on to know more about the highlights of his career.
Achievements of Siddharth Mahajan
- Siddharth Mahajan was an exemplary Hotel Management student who consistently scored above 90% and who also was the first in his batch to receive a campus placement at the Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, a reputed hotel management training center.
- Siddharth Mahajan started his own business earlier than many of his counterparts and set an example on how to grow a business from scratch. His business idea was new and execution was flawless, which earned him more clients and a great reputation in the hospitality sector. Not all are fortunate to taste success at such a young age.
- When he established his business, living in a House in Multiple Occupancy (HMO) was not a widespread concept. While he understood that it needed to be fulfilled, he also knew that not many were aware of a concept like this. His knowledge, experience, and innovative thinking benefitted his business and led it to grow rapidly.
- At the outset of his business, he converted his own properties into HMOs. This demonstrated his valor and confidence in his business. Not many would have the courage to put their own assets at stake if they were not sure of their idea, that too at the first step of the business. Siddharth did precisely that. As of now, there are seven assets that belong to Siddharth and are operating as HMOs and 47 more assets registered under the name of his business — Tulip Hotels and Real Estate Ltd.
- In 2016, 5 years after its inception, Shepherd Bush Boutique Hotel – one of Siddharth’s apart-hotels was nominated as the Best Luxury Boutique Hotel of the Year by the Luxury Travel Guide, an exclusive resource for the affluent traveler. Shepherd’s Bush Boutique Hotel is the perfect London lodging choice in the United Kingdom. With numerous amenities for guests such as concierge, dry cleaning service, laundry, Shepherd’s Bush Boutique Hotel is indeed the best pick for a memorable stay in London, United Kingdom and it thus emerged victorious as the Best Luxury Boutique Hotel of the Year. Shepherd’s Bush also won the Boutique Hotel of the Year by the Corporate Insider Business Excellence Awards 2018.
- In 2017, Mahajan was nominated as the NRI of the Year Award by ICICI Bank London. Although Mahajan had not completed 10 years on the foreign soil, being nominated for a prestigious award such as this was testimony to his contribution towards engaging the Indian diaspora abroad as well as creating a mark for himself in the UK.