Everyone has days when they’re in search of an escape from the monotony. The wilds get one’s adrenaline rushing and staying in camp tent cabins is exciting too! For them, we have compiled a list of certain outdoor activities and the best locations for each within the US-
Hiking is a widely chosen activity for getting outside. Being an intense activity, the physical benefits of hiking and trekking are numerous. Getting outside for even a short hike regularly can reduce your risk of heart disease and help lowering blood pressure.
- Zion National Park, Utah: The view of Angel’s Landing is worth the risk of a 5-hour trek as delivering one of the most stunning views in America.
- The Grand Canyon, Arizona: The Skeleton Point sits three miles and 1,200 feet down into the gorge and offers a 360-degree view of the Grand Canyon and the Colorado River.
Being on the outskirts, free from light pollution, you can treat yourself to the gorgeous night sky. Moreover, it induces calmness and helps you gain perspective as you ponder over the little things in life.
- Anza Borrego Desert State Park, California: It is the largest state park in California. The Borrego Springs, located within the park, is an ideal destination for stargazing.
- AKA Central Park, New York City: A sky-feast within the city, this place offers two Sky Suites on the 17th floor. Take in the stars with a telescope and admire the views of the twinkling Manhattan skyline.
Instead of traveling to warmer places, find some mountains and learning how to enjoy the snow. Besides, skiing and snowboarding are great cardiovascular exercises that can help burn calories and lose weight.
- Aspen Snowmass, Colorado: This place is famous for having the best terrain park. During the peak season, there are competitions and lots of great dining.
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort, West Virginia: This is a great option for a long weekend of fun-filled with skiing on terrain parks and snow adventures on snowmobiles.
Whether you’re an experienced camper or a novice nature-lover, camping can always be your best bet. Also, you can get some much-needed fresh air.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: There are two campgrounds in the park, which makes it appropriate for both camping and hiking. Camp tent cabins are a perfect installation here.
- Yosemite National Park: Campgrounds are present in the Upper, Lower and North Pines that provide great views of both, towering rock formations and waterfalls.