When it comes to staring a business, an image materialises in your mind is sitting behind the table instructing your staff on the marketing of your product or service and analysing the performance of the rest of the team to make sure everybody is on the same page.
Get rid of this stereotypical image of the business. You will be surprised to know that you can set up a dog walking business. Even this business can help you earn a substantial amount of money, especially when you are a student, or you are working as a freelancer. This additional business will boost your cash flows. Here is how to begin.
Find The Name For Your Business
Before you take the plunge, you should have some ideas for dog walking business names. The name should be playful and catchy. It must represent your business activity, for instance, 4 paws dog walking service.
Training will work to your advantage
Of course, you do not need to have a certificate or diploma to become a dog walker. However, if you have something to prove to make your clients believe that you understand dogs’ body language and can handle them smartly, your business will grow rapidly.
You should have animal first aid in case they need it when you walk them. Be prepared to face questions asked by clients. Make sure that you answer them very well so as not to lose them.
Follow Strict Professionalism
Do not underestimate professionalism just because it is a dog walking business. Make sure that you stick to rules and do not embroil yourself into it to chase money. Otherwise, your business will shut down before it starts growing.
- You should build a website to show the authenticity of your business. The website paves the way for clients to understand your business in more detail.
- Make sure that your business has a logo to stand out among your competitors. It must reflect your business.
- Do not neglect the importance of social media presence. You will likely get more clients through such platforms.
- Meet your clients before you enter the agreement. It will be useful if you have a dog walking business cards.
- Maintain records of all work you undertake. Google calendar and Google sheets can help you in the beginning, but as your business grows, you will need invoice software. In case you are running out of money to invest in the software, installment loans for bad credit direct lenders only in the UK will be a perfect choice.
Prepare a business plan
Before you contact a pet owner, make sure that you have a business plan that includes details:
- About the number of dogs, you will need to make your business lucrative
- The number of pet owners living in your area
- How many hours you can mainly give to your business
- What you need to get your business off the ground
Consider your budget
You may think you do not need much money to become a dog walker, but the fact is it requires planning and investment. Website building, social media promotion, and getting business cards printed require a significant investment. Beforehand plan can keep operations smooth. If you do not have enough money, you can take out start up loans.
Insure Your Business
Dog owners have put you in charge of their lovely pets, so they will want you to be sensible, caring and professional. Having your business insured will prove to your clients that you are serious about your business.
Insurance makes you feel secure as it protects against injuries caused to the public because of your business. You may have different kinds of coverage that you will choose based on your business.
Set pricing for your service
Setting a reasonable price for your services is not a cinch. The best way to start it is by checking the pricing your competitors are offering. Of course, it cannot be higher than what they are charging. Otherwise, you will lose your clients to them.
Dog walkers generally render services in blocks like 20 minutes, 30 minutes and some manage three to four dogs at a time to make money quickly. Make sure that your clients know about the payment terms and conditions.
It does not require too much hard work to open a dog walking business. You can grow your business without shelling out money in the setup. If you love caring dogs, this is an ideal small business to make some money.